“A sacrament is a visible sign of the invisible. We are called to be a sacrament in our world today, visible signs of God for others.”
- All of creation is a visible sign of God’s presence.
- Jesus is the number one sacrament – the most visible sign of God ever.
- We are called to be a sacrament for today’s world.
The seven sacraments; are visible signs of how we are called to live our lives.
The Catechism defines the Seven Sacraments as “efficacious signs of God’s grace”, instituted by Christ and entrusted to the Church, by which divine life is dispensed to us.
- Baptism – the gift of God’s family
- Reconciliation – the gift of Forgiveness
- Confirmation – the gift of the Holy Spirit
- Eucharist – the gift of the finest Wheat
- Marriage – the gift of Union (man and woman)
- Holy Orders – the gift of Apostleship
- Anointing of the Sick – gift of Healing