Joshua Catholic Men’s Fellowship Wellington - invites men to come along and join us on Thursday 11th April 2019 at 7:30pm (Note: fellowship from 7:00pm for 7:30pm start) In CONNOLLY HALL, Guildford Terrace, Thorndon (behind the closed Sacred Heart Cathedral). Speaker: Fr Kevin Connors on “You are called to be...” Want to know more? Ring Steve Ready 027-356-9555 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Were you a pupil? Do you know someone who was? A book "The School On The Hill" has been written recording pupils' memories. It details with photos the social history of the time, the Flu Epidemic, the pupils' operettas and concerts, what it was like being at school in WW2 and lots more. The Book Launch is on Saturday 13th April at 3pm at St Patrick's Church, Childers Tce, Kilbirnie. You are welcome to attend. Cost is $25.00 for a copy. For further information email the author Patricia 'Donnell email@example.com
How to Think about Ageing: Insights from Disability Theology. You are invited to a lecture given by Dr Michael Mawson, University of Aberdeen which will reflect upon the relationship between ageing and disability. In particular, it will explore how insights from disability theology can contribute to richer and more concrete accounts of ageing and its associated complexities. Wed 17th April 7:30 - 9:00 (GBLT1) Government Building Law School Wellington.
The Euthanasia bill sponsored by MP David Seymour is about to get its 2nd reading and vote in parliament. The Bill is dangerous and does not contain effective safeguards. Check out the dangers of this Bill by visiting www.carealliance.org.nz or www.defendnz.co.nz We encourage every one of you who will be of voting age at the next election (currently aged 17yrs+) to sign the Care Alliance Petition to let your MP know your opposition to this Bill. There will be opportunities to do this at Masses in the parish over the coming weekends.
UK Pilgrimage - join Msgr David Tonks on a spiritual journey to Ireland, Scotland & England: 25-days departing Sunday 23 June 2019. For further details, please contact Laura on phone +64-9-921 5106 or 0800-277 477 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kapiti Coast Workers’ Educational Association (WEA), is offering a new short course on the Catholic Church’s four major papal basilicas of Rome:
- St John’s at the Lateran (Lateran Basilica)
- St Peter’s at the Vatican (Vatican Basilica)
- St Mary Major's on the Esquiline (Liberian Basilica)
- St Paul’s Outside the Walls (Ostian Basilica)
The course will explore the historical, architectural, artistic and religious highlights and master artworks of each basilica.
When? May 4, 2019, 10 AM to 4 PM
Where? Paraparaumu Community Centre
Cost? Non-members $50
About to get Married?
Could you successfully run a marathon without preparing for it? Of course not! So too marriage. Engaged Encounter Weekends this year are heavily booked. Weekends are 30 - 31 March 2019 (one vacancy and then waiting list);
3 - 4 August 2019; 9 - 10 November 2019, all at St Teresa's Presbytery, 301 Karori Road, Karori, Wellington For more information phone Kate and Simon on 801 6192 or visit our website at www.cee-wellington.co.nz
Come join Anne and Andy Lovell on PILGRIMAGE to Medjugorje - October 9-22 2019 (note the date has changed from June to October). This is the most inexpensive pilgrimage available. $6000 for 18 days per person. 15 people came last year and had a ball. Care to Join us? Contact Anne or Andy Lovell on :06 364 3141 0274 818 160 email@example.com
Missionary Sisters Of St Peter Claver - Every year, with your help, the Missionary Sisters of St Peter Claver, based in Island Bay Wellington raise much needed money for to support Catholic missionary work around the world. In 2019 the money raised through the Annual Raffle, Mission Fair, Garage Sale, Ethnic Dinner and Multicultural Concert will go toward supporting three programs in Africa. The projects chosen this year will go toward creating sustainable employment, spreading the faith and providing water storage:
- In the Kiranda Parish of Kenya your support will assist Brother Maurice Omollo CP establish a project to grow sunflowers and cereal crops, which will provide youth with jobs in an impoverished village. A village that has high youth unemployment, general health is poor, with high incidence of malnutrition and high mortality rate amongst children. This project will grow produce for sale at local markets, with the byproduct used to create fodder for dairy and poultry farmers.
- The second project is to raise funds to purchase 20 bicycles to enable catechists in the Metehara Parish in Ethiopia to spread the word of God and reach the faithful. The parish area is very large, with a 95% Muslim population. The Catholic population is widely dispersed throughout the parish working in sugar plantations and factories, Father Hailegabriel Meleku needs your help to purchase bicycles to enable the catechists to travel in the evenings to conduct prayer groups in the community and help him spread the word of God.
- The third project, Bishop Vicent Kirabo from the Hima Diocese in Uganda is requesting your assistance to provide two water tanks in the St Matthew’s Kigaaya Parish. The water tanks will support the missionary community in the Parish and provide a water distribution point for the community.
How can you help?
- Annual Raffle: In February and March the Sisters of St Peter Claver will be selling tickets for the Annual Raffle. The annual raffle is an important activity raising a significant portion of the funds needed to support the missionary projects. Please support the raffle through the purchasing of tickets, however we also need people to assist in selling tickets in the parish (after mass) and in the community. If you can assist please contact either the Sisters or Rob McCullough (0221771007).
- Mission Fair: On Saturday the 16th of February (10am to 1pm) at the St Francis de Sales church hall and grounds the Sisters will be holding their Mission Fair. There will be a variety of stalls, raffles, food and entertainment – come along and support the missionary work of the sisters and have fun at the same time. Donations of good quality items for sale in the Mission Fair are greatly appreciated and can be delivered to the Sisters at 1 Mersey Street, Island Bay, Wellington. Your support is vital to enabling the Sisters of St Peter Claver assist catholic missionary work around the world.
Pilgrimages departing in 2019 to The Holy Land, Medjugorje and within NZ. Expressions of interest welcome. Visit: www.pilgrimage.nz or see noticeboard for details. Contact Patricia Parsons on 0274 219 064. E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Road to the Holy Lands - A reminder of the tour that Fr Michael and Bill Kwan from ‘helloworld’ are leading in May 2019. There are still a few places available. Please contact Bill Kwan on 04 237 4409 if interested. Details on Notice Board.
Oberammergau 2020 Passion Play - Fr Chris Friel from Christchurch will lead this tour to Germany in June of 2020. The famous play has been performed every 10 years since 1634. The tour includes a 6 day cruise down the Danube through Austria, Germany, Slovakia and Hungary. Ph 0800 356 728 for further info.
"Parish to Parish for Bed & Breakfast"
Since the first book was printed 15 years ago, many hosts have suffered health problems, downsized their homes etc. As we urgently require more hosts in places all over the country, I would encourage anyone with a spare bedroom or two in their home, to come and join us. The accommodation does not have to be 5 star, just clean, comfortable and welcoming, also providing a light breakfast. The purpose of this book is aimed at providing catholic hospitality and making new friends. The hosts charge a small fee of $35 for one only person, or $30 per person for 2 or more per night. For further information please contact Marie Anderson on 03 359 5541 or email email@example.com.
Easter trading??? Do we have to? Will you be at the Mall on Good Friday? Or Easter Sunday?
Change of E-mail Addresses - We advise that Our Lady of Kapiti Parish email addresses have been changed due to closure of the Vodafone facility as at 30 November 2017. Our new email addresses are:
- Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Roster: email@example.com
- Finance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure our details are changed in your Contacts/Address Book.