Tue, 20 Aug - Exploring the true meaning of loveableness - a talk by Fr Kevin Connors In his recently completed thesis called “A phenomenology of the Eucharist”, Fr Kevin seeks to unveil the kindness of God’s face in the Eucharist and in each other, and explores the true meaning of ‘loveableness’. Come and listen to Fr Kevin on Tuesday 20th August, at 7pm at St Anne’s Church, Newtown. All are welcome.
Sat, 24 Aug - Bach Choir - Come warm-up your midwinter with a beautiful concert of old and new music by American composers, poets and lyricists: 2pm Saturday 24 August at St Andrew's on The Terrace. The programme will feature Randall Thompson’s setting of seven Robert Frost poems, Frostiana, and a selection of Aaron Copland’s Old American Songs, in addition to traditional and contemporary settings of hymns from the Sacred Harp. This programme will also feature folksongs, some with a modern twist, including Stephen Foster’s, Gentle Annie, and two settings by Carol Barnett, Red River Valley and Cindy. Tickets are $30 / $25 concession, available on Eventfinda, from Marsden Books, and at the door on the day.
Thu 15, 22, 29 Aug & 5, 12 Sep - Pa Maria Winter Film Series: The Life Which Beats in Things: A Spirituality for Living in Today’s World. Thursdays 15, 22, 29 August & 5, 12 September. 7.00pm - 9.30pm each evening. For further information and/or to register contact Brian Cummings SM (021 703 580; email email@example.com)
Wed 28 Aug - The Cardinal’s lunch will be held at The Intercontinental Hotel on Wednesday 28 August. Our lunch will feature Cardinal John Dew, sharing his vision for the future of the church being young, transformed and transformative. Cardinal John is optimistic for the future, encouraging the faithful to be outward looking, through the message at the 2017 synod of "Go, you are sent".
Please join us on Wednesday 28th of August at the Intercontinental Hotel at 12:00 as we break bread and share our Catholic values. To register on line https://cl2019.lilregie.com For more information phone Robyn 027 2018766
Fri 13, Sep - Wellington Theological Consortium conference on “Lament, Listening, Healing, in response to the sexual abuse crisis in our Church Communities.” Learn about Circle Process and Restorative Justice. 13 - 14 September 2019 at St Joseph’s Church, 154 Brougham Street, Mt Victoria, Wellington. For more information http://wellingtontheology.org.nz/
Join Anne and Andy Lovell on PILGRIMAGE to MEDJUGORJE October 8th to 24th 2019 This is the most inexpensive pilgrimage available. $6000 (approx) for 16 days per person. This includes breakfasts and dinners at Medjugorje and all accommodation. (including Singapore) 15 people came last year and had a ball. For further details: Contact Anne or Andy Lovell on: 027 481 8160 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Thu 29 Aug - Parenting Faith Seminar: Thursday 29 August 2019, 7.30pm-9pm Connolly Hall, Thorndon. Nurturing your child’s Catholic faith at home. Parents are children’s first educators in faith. An interactive and informative evening to equip parents with ideas and resources to ‘do’ faith at home. Come and join the discussion! Presented by Dr Chris Duthie-Jung. Entry by KOHA. To book your place go to… https://parentingfaith.eventbrite.co.nz or contact Felicity Giltrap on email@example.com or (04) 496 1719.
Sat 1 Feb - Sun 2 Feb 2020 - St Joseph's Catholic School, Levin – 100th Reunion & Celebration. Celebrating 100 Years as a Catholic School Community in Levin we are calling all past and present students, staff, teachers and whānau to join us for this once-in-a lifetime weekend of celebration and remembrance. Saturday 1 Feb – Sunday 2 Feb, 2020 St Joseph's Catholic School, Weraroa Road, Levin. For more information or to register:
- Social www.facebook.com/StJosephsLevin100Years
- Call 021 889 583 (Stasia) or 06 368 8017 (School)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tue, 03 Sep - MOVIE NIGHT : "APPARITION HILL" (PG13) A unique opportunity to see this multi-award winning documentary, which is unlikely to be shown in NZ theatres. An emotional, heart warming and inspiring story about seven strangers who win an opportunity to make a pilgrimage to Medjugorje.
- 07:00pm, Tuesday, 3rd September
- St. Patrick's Hall, 20 Milne Avenue, Paraparaumu
Gold coin donation to Church Building Fund. For further information see Notice Board and flyers in St. Patrick's Hall or call Anne and Andy Lovell (0274 818160)
Fri, 13 Sep - Wellington Theological Consortium conference on “Lament, Listening, Healing, in response to the sexual abuse crisis in our Church Communities.” Learn about Circle Process and Restorative Justice. 13 - 14 September 2019 at St Joseph’s Church, 154 Brougham Street, Mt Victoria, Wellington. For more information http://wellingtontheology.org.nz/
SISTERS OF COMPASSION
- Rā Whānau Suzanne Aubert. 19 June, 6pm. The Sisters of Compassion and the Catholic Parish of Wellington South invite everyone to celebrate Suzanne Aubert's Birthday Mass celebrated by Cardinal John Dew. St Anne's Church, Newtown. For more details email email@example.com or ph (04) 282-1953.
- Donate a food item for the Soup Kitchen at the Birthday Mass. At the Birthday Mass we will take up a collection of food items. It you would like to contribute, groceries which are especially useful to the Soup Kitchen include tins of lentils (but not baked beans), vegetables, fruit, soup, coconut milk, fish; dried goods such as coffee (fresh and instant), lentils, split peas, pearl barley.
- Quiet Days with Suzanne Aubert. An invitation to spend time resting and reflecting on an aspect of the life and vision of Suzanne Aubert. Led by Sr Sue Cosgrove. Join us on 11th July, 10am - 2pm, Chapel, Our Lady’s Home of Compassion, 2 Rhine Street, Island Bay, Wellington. Simple lunch included. Registration is required. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Ph. 04 383 7769.
- Christian Meditation Group. All are welcome. Join us for an hour of Christian meditation in an ancient form of contemplative prayer. Times are Mondays at 7pm-8pm, and Thursdays at 11am-12pm at Our Lady’s Home of Compassion Chapel, 2 Rhine Street, Island Bay, Wellington. Ph. 04 383 7134 or 04 383 7769.
- Taizé Prayer. Join us for an hour of meditative singing – simple songs typically featuring a line or two from the Psalms. A kind of Lectio divina in music, reading and spoken prayer along with periods of silence. First Friday of every month. 5th July, 7pm – 8pm, Our Lady’s Home of Compassion, 2 Rhine Street, Island Bay, Wellington. All are welcome as we prepare for Br Matthew’s visit in November. Ph. 04 383 7769.
- Karakia o te Rātapu. Each Sunday there is Miha for all. Liturgy of Eucharist is held if priest is not available. 11am, Chapel, Our Lady’s Home of Compassion, 2 Rhine Street, Island Bay, Wellington. Ph. 04 383 7769.
- Pilgrimage: Back to the Source. An evening of poetry and music with poet Chris Gallavin. Inspired by Hiruhārama-Jerusalem the show will be accompanied by a photo exhibition. Tickets $25 on Eventfinda or $30 at the door. Sat 24 Aug, 3pm. Venue: Home of Compassion, 2 Rhine Street (off Murray St), Island Bay.
- Taize in Aotearoa event. Save the date for this event. 15-17 November 2019. Home of Compassion 2 Rhine St, Island Bay, Wellington
About to get Married?
Could you successfully run a marathon without preparing for it? Of course not! So too marriage. Engaged Encounter Weekends this year are heavily booked. Weekends are 30 - 31 March 2019 (one vacancy and then waiting list); 3 - 4 August 2019; 9 - 10 November 2019, all at St Teresa's Presbytery, 301 Karori Road, Karori, Wellington For more information phone Kate and Simon on 801 6192 or visit our website at www.cee-wellington.co.nz
Come join Anne and Andy Lovell on PILGRIMAGE to Medjugorje - October 9-22 2019 (note the date has changed from June to October). This is the most inexpensive pilgrimage available. $6000 for 18 days per person. 15 people came last year and had a ball. Care to Join us? Contact Anne or Andy Lovell on :06 364 3141 0274 818 160 email@example.com
Pilgrimages departing in 2019 to The Holy Land, Medjugorje and within NZ. Expressions of interest welcome. Visit: www.pilgrimage.nz or see noticeboard for details. Contact Patricia Parsons on 0274 219 064. E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oberammergau 2020 Passion Play - Fr Chris Friel from Christchurch will lead this tour to Germany in June of 2020. The famous play has been performed every 10 years since 1634. The tour includes a 6 day cruise down the Danube through Austria, Germany, Slovakia and Hungary. Ph 0800 356 728 for further info.
"Parish to Parish for Bed & Breakfast"
Since the first book was printed 15 years ago, many hosts have suffered health problems, downsized their homes etc. As we urgently require more hosts in places all over the country, I would encourage anyone with a spare bedroom or two in their home, to come and join us. The accommodation does not have to be 5 star, just clean, comfortable and welcoming, also providing a light breakfast. The purpose of this book is aimed at providing catholic hospitality and making new friends. The hosts charge a small fee of $35 for one only person, or $30 per person for 2 or more per night. For further information please contact Marie Anderson on 03 359 5541 or email email@example.com.
Easter trading??? Do we have to? Will you be at the Mall on Good Friday? Or Easter Sunday?
Change of E-mail Addresses - We advise that Our Lady of Kapiti Parish email addresses have been changed due to closure of the Vodafone facility as at 30 November 2017. Our new email addresses are:
- Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Roster: email@example.com
- Finance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure our details are changed in your Contacts/Address Book.