Tuesday 12 February - Catholic Women’s League meet at 21 Awatea Ave at 10.15 am. All welcome.
Monsignor Gerard Burns on behalf of Cardinal John Dew invites you to join in a celebration of love this St Valentine’s Day, Thursday 14th February 2019, 6pm at St Joseph’s Church, 152 Brougham Street, Mt Victoria, Wellington. Also, we are looking for couples who are celebrating a significant anniversary. If you, or if you know someone celebrating 25, 30, 40 or 50+ years married, we would love to hear from you. Please contact Felicity Giltrap at the Catholic Centre (04) 496 1719 or email email@example.com
Dove Catholic Fellowship for Women. - Our meeting is on Saturday, 16th February at 1:30pm at Connolly Hall, Guildford Tce, Thorndon. Come and make a joyful sound before the Lord, the King. All women welcome. Enquiries Shura 3899938
Kāpiti Coast Aglow - Invites you to our Meeting on Thursday 21 February 2019 9.45am—Noon PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH HALL, 43 NGAIO ROAD, WAIKANAE. COME AND BRING A FRIEND. Children are also very welcome. Morning Tea is provided from 9.45a.m. Enquiries: Please ring Joan 905 3940
Joshua Wellington extends an open invitation to men and women both older and younger for Mass followed by supper (Please bring some finger food to share!) on Thursday 21st of February 2019 at 7:30pm in St Joseph’s Church, 42 Ellice Street, Mount Victoria. Celebrant: Fr Peter Ewart (Joshua Wellington Chaplain) Want to know more? Ring David Monastra on mobile 027 4477 280 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Mangan Workshop: This We Believe: Music for Sacraments of Initiation with Children. Songs for the preparation & celebration of Baptism, Confirmation & First Communion and Reconciliation for children. Tuesday 26th February 7.00pm-9.00pm Ss Peter & Pauls Church L. Hutt. Please register before Mon 26th February with Ann Williams email@example.com. Entry by Koha.
Alpha is an opportunity to explore life, faith and God in a friendly, open and informal environment
This workshop ‘Alpha in the Catholic Context’ presented by Lorraine McCarthy(from Australia) is a must for anyone; wanting to know more, wanting to encourage family or friends back into the church, wanting to help make it happen in your parish, wanting to welcome people back into the church community, involved in R.C.I.A. When: February 27th Time: 7.00pm- 9.30pm Venue: St Joseph’s Mt. Victoria. Please register with Ann Williams firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday 25th February.
A ‘Good Friday’ Liturgical Workshop on Thursday 14th March 14th 6.45pm-9.00pm at the Catholic Centre. This will be an interactive workshop, with Fr Patrick Bridgman, Archdiocesan Liturgy Advisor. Fr Patrick will help us unpack the symbolism and rituals associated with Good Friday. Everyone welcome. Please register with Ann Williams before Friday 8th March at email@example.com
Kapiti Coast Workers’ Educational Association (WEA), is offering a new short course on the Catholic Church’s four major papal basilicas of Rome:
• St John’s at the Lateran (Lateran Basilica)
• St Peter’s at the Vatican (Vatican Basilica)
• St Mary Major's on the Esquiline (Liberian Basilica)
• St Paul’s Outside the Walls (Ostian Basilica)
The course will explore the historical, architectural, artistic and religious highlights and master artworks of each basilica.
When? May 4, 2019, 10 AM to 4 PM
Where? Paraparaumu Community Centre
Cost? Non-members $50
Come join Anne and Andy Lovell on PILGRIMAGE to Medjugorje.- JUNE 4-22 2019.
This is the most inexpensive pilgrimage available. $6000 for 18 days per person. 15 people came last year and had a ball.
Care to Join us? Contact Anne or Andy Lovell on :06 364 3141 0274 818 160 firstname.lastname@example.org
New Zealand Catholic Bishops Conference - EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Applications are invited for the position of Executive Officer for the New Zealand Catholic Bishops Conference. The Conference is the assembly of the Catholic Bishops of New Zealand who carry out together functions best done collectively rather than individually by dioceses. The Executive Officer reports to the General Secretary of the Conference and works with the President and other bishops on various aspects of the Conference’s work.
The key tasks of the Executive Office include
- Support for the meetings of Conference and its Finance Committee and actioning their decisions
- Responsibility for the smooth operation of the Secretariat
- Relationships with agencies, dioceses and external bodies
- Management of the Conference’s finances and records
- Liaison with ad hoc national advisory groups
- Liaison with the Conference Communications Advisor
The position is Wellington-based. The successful applicant will have a sound understanding of the Church, managerial experience, and excellent writing skills. Curriculum vitae and covering letter should be sent by 22 February to Cardinal John Dew, PO Box 1937, Wellington (email@example.com) The job description is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Missionary Sisters Of St Peter Claver - Every year, with your help, the Missionary Sisters of St Peter Claver, based in Island Bay Wellington raise much needed money for to support Catholic missionary work around the world. In 2019 the money raised through the Annual Raffle, Mission Fair, Garage Sale, Ethnic Dinner and Multicultural Concert will go toward supporting three programs in Africa. The projects chosen this year will go toward creating sustainable employment, spreading the faith and providing water storage:
- In the Kiranda Parish of Kenya your support will assist Brother Maurice Omollo CP establish a project to grow sunflowers and cereal crops, which will provide youth with jobs in an impoverished village. A village that has high youth unemployment, general health is poor, with high incidence of malnutrition and high mortality rate amongst children. This project will grow produce for sale at local markets, with the byproduct used to create fodder for dairy and poultry farmers.
- The second project is to raise funds to purchase 20 bicycles to enable catechists in the Metehara Parish in Ethiopia to spread the word of God and reach the faithful. The parish area is very large, with a 95% Muslim population. The Catholic population is widely dispersed throughout the parish working in sugar plantations and factories, Father Hailegabriel Meleku needs your help to purchase bicycles to enable the catechists to travel in the evenings to conduct prayer groups in the community and help him spread the word of God.
- The third project, Bishop Vicent Kirabo from the Hima Diocese in Uganda is requesting your assistance to provide two water tanks in the St Matthew’s Kigaaya Parish. The water tanks will support the missionary community in the Parish and provide a water distribution point for the community.
How can you help?
- Annual Raffle: In February and March the Sisters of St Peter Claver will be selling tickets for the Annual Raffle. The annual raffle is an important activity raising a significant portion of the funds needed to support the missionary projects. Please support the raffle through the purchasing of tickets, however we also need people to assist in selling tickets in the parish (after mass) and in the community. If you can assist please contact either the Sisters or Rob McCullough (0221771007).
- Mission Fair: On Saturday the 16th of February (10am to 1pm) at the St Francis de Sales church hall and grounds the Sisters will be holding their Mission Fair. There will be a variety of stalls, raffles, food and entertainment – come along and support the missionary work of the sisters and have fun at the same time. Donations of good quality items for sale in the Mission Fair are greatly appreciated and can be delivered to the Sisters at 1 Mersey Street, Island Bay, Wellington. Your support is vital to enabling the Sisters of St Peter Claver assist catholic missionary work around the world.
Pilgrimages departing in 2019 to The Holy Land, Medjugorje and within NZ. Expressions of interest welcome. Visit: www.pilgrimage.nz or see noticeboard for details. Contact Patricia Parsons on 0274 219 064. E: email@example.com
Road to the Holy Lands - A reminder of the tour that Fr Michael and Bill Kwan from ‘helloworld’ are leading in May 2019. There are still a few places available. Please contact Bill Kwan on 04 237 4409 if interested. Details on Notice Board.
Oberammergau 2020 Passion Play - Fr Chris Friel from Christchurch will lead this tour to Germany in June of 2020. The famous play has been performed every 10 years since 1634. The tour includes a 6 day cruise down the Danube through Austria, Germany, Slovakia and Hungary. Ph 0800 356 728 for further info.
"Parish to Parish for Bed & Breakfast"
Since the first book was printed 15 years ago, many hosts have suffered health problems, downsized their homes etc. As we urgently require more hosts in places all over the country, I would encourage anyone with a spare bedroom or two in their home, to come and join us. The accommodation does not have to be 5 star, just clean, comfortable and welcoming, also providing a light breakfast. The purpose of this book is aimed at providing catholic hospitality and making new friends. The hosts charge a small fee of $35 for one only person, or $30 per person for 2 or more per night. For further information please contact Marie Anderson on 03 359 5541 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Easter trading??? Do we have to? Will you be at the Mall on Good Friday? Or Easter Sunday?
Change of E-mail Addresses - We advise that Our Lady of Kapiti Parish email addresses have been changed due to closure of the Vodafone facility as at 30 November 2017. Our new email addresses are:
- Office: email@example.com
- Roster: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finance: email@example.com
Please ensure our details are changed in your Contacts/Address Book.