"A sacrament is a visible sign of the invisible. We are called to be sacrament in our world today, visible signs of God for others."
- All of creation is a visible sign of God's presence.
- Jesus is the number one sacrament – the most visible sign of God ever.
- We are called to be sacrament for today's world.
- The seven sacraments; are visible signs of how we are called to live our lives.
(St Patrick's Primary School Newsletter 22/07/2014)
The Cathechism defines the Seven Sacraments as "efficacious signs of God's grace", instituted by Christ and entrusted to the Church, by which divine life is dispensed to us.
- Baptism - gift of God's family
- Reconciliation - gift of Forgiveness
- Confirmation - gift of the Holy Spirit
- Eucharist - gift of the finest Wheat
- Marriage - gift of Union (man and woman)
- Holy Orders - gift of Apostleship
- Anointing of the Sick - gift of Healing